PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kind of missing it!

4 posters

Go down

Kind of missing it! Empty Kind of missing it!

Post by SlowBow Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:56 pm

Well, I took that public land 8 back in September. Since then I've been trying to nail two antlerless to earn a second buck tag for archery. Got one, missed one, and see deer every hunt on the private land I frequent. Been hunting with the wife and my son, filming them some as well. It's a sweet spot, and I am very blessed to have permission to hunt it. 5 minute walk from the truck to my tree. Get to sleep later than usual. Seen some really good bucks on it in the past, and tons of doe on it all the time.

Now, I know I'm the first one to complain about the pains out there on public lands, interference, nimrods, busted hunts, long walks in the dark. But I am kind of starting to miss some of my old haunts. The challenge, the preparation, even the frustration of hunting all day and not seeing much. I have a few spots I'd scouted for buck that I really want to hunt during this years rut too.

Believe it or not, I think I'd rather take an 80 inch buck there than a Pope and Young on the private spot.

Hope I bag a doe soon.As soon as I tag another antlerless, I'll be hiking right on back in there, getting up much earlier than I have to if I was hunting the private land and dealing with the added frustrations.

Am I just stupid?

SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Kind of missing it! Empty Re: Kind of missing it!

Post by PineywoodsBow Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:31 pm

I'm right there with you. I have private land I could take a deer on anytime, but I just dont enjoy it as I do hunting public land.
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Not stupid, just forgetful of all the exhaustion of having a bad luck year on public land. Relax, sit back and smoke a cigar. Right now, over a month into it, without a deer, I would be super greatful for any deer on any private land. I'm no longer in the find a buck mindset. I just want anything and this coming Friday is my last chance before Saturday rifle opener.

Although I think I know what you feel. The challenge is great. I feel restless on my lucky years. I'll look out the window all day into the mountains and just feel like I want to be in there.
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:30 pm

HOT DAMN!!!

BACK IN THE GAME!!!

RIP little doe, Public Land, here I come.
SlowBow
SlowBow

Back to top Go down

Post by PineywoodsBow Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:45 pm

congrats! Im guessing your back on a buck again
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Yes, that was my second antlerless, purchased my bonus buck tag when I checked her. I'll have this and a few other successful bowhunt videos posted to my website when I get time to edit them.

Such a relief! I have a few spots scouted for buck I'm just dying to go sit in,was starting to think I wasn't going to get a chance this season.
SlowBow
SlowBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Arrow Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:46 am

The "north woods" has a draw all its own, for sure. I would rather travel north to camp and hunt than hunt the areas close to home that are loaded with deer (and people).

Last Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down