PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backwaters Bowhunter Hunting Journal

+2
Wolfshead
Backwaters Bowhunter
6 posters

Go down

Backwaters Bowhunter Hunting Journal Empty Backwaters Bowhunter Hunting Journal

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:35 pm

With our first child being born soon, I don't know how much hunting I'll be doing, but this will serve as my hunting journal. Good hunting to everyone.
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Backwaters Bowhunter Hunting Journal Empty Re: Backwaters Bowhunter Hunting Journal

Post by Wolfshead Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:59 pm

Congratulations!
The first one is always so exciting! Actually they all are...
They grow up fast! Enjoy them because before you know it they are moving to Georgia and Vermont like mine did Shocked 
Wolfshead
Wolfshead
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Backwaters Bowhunter Hunting Journal Empty Re: Backwaters Bowhunter Hunting Journal

Post by SlowBow Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Having a kid? So when are you going to be selling you hunting gear? (hehehe JK) Looking forwards to reading of your adventures this fall.
SlowBow
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:10 pm

haha yea I hear ya. Thank ya'll
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by PineywoodsBow Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Godluck Backwaters, looking forward to your updates!
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:08 pm

Thank you, and good luck to you.
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:30 am

Went to check out a couple places today that may be overlooked by other hunters. I was pleased to find rubs from last year, bare limbs from browsing, muscadines, and fresh mess. In the second place, I found 6-7 beds not 20 yds from the road, it's going to be tough to hunt them without spooking them. I'll just have to find out when they're coming and going.
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:20 pm

Got frustrated Sunday with my arrow flight and grouping. Today much better, my groups were tighter and my new Eskimos grouped with my field points. I talked to several folks, my dad, Rod, and Dave and used all the information I could. I added a second nock point and went from an open stance to a closed stance. I also didn't let the misses frustrate me but used them to learn. I also had a ramping problem and I think the second nock point and turning the nock helped, also being more relaxed helped probably more than anything! I am not an Olympian by any means but my groups at 20 yds have tightened up! Very happy, and blessed to have folks that allow me to pick their brain!!!
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:30 pm

I feel if you shot only one arrow at a time, from different distances & different angles, it would help you even more. However, to each his own, do what works for you. Glad you're shooting better. Smile 
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller-TD#2 Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:33 pm

congrats and be patient with the newborn they will need bonding time. let them listen to your heart beat when you hold them close, kiss them often and speak softly telling them you love them and say their name frequently.....once they are able to get their eyes to focus they will 'see' the person who they 'heard' speaking.......[when you hold them close as you speak they feel the vibration - they will never forget it!]

-try this, cut a piece of cardboard the size of your tree stand platform, get comfortable with the stance, then relax, then shoot.

get another piece of cardboard and cut it the full length of the tree stand/or hang the tree stand you hunt from about 1ft of the ground, get comfortable, then relax, then shoot.

or- move your target(s) 20,30,40 yards from the 1ft high tree stand and shoot sitting and standing...... then move the targets around the tree this way and that....

remember to just relax. if you stress you press...
Miller-TD#2
Miller-TD#2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Shot again today and this was by far my best broadhead group @ 20yds. [img]Backwaters Bowhunter Hunting Journal 5A7CC205-7283-42A6-922C-4855E50163E7-3829-000004EA232D632E_zps41e75cd3[/img]
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller-TD#2 Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:27 pm

Wow!!

but wait -  isn't that the distribution box and the target next to it?

Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sadscratch
Miller-TD#2
Miller-TD#2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Haha naw I was shooting at a leaf I pegged on my block target.
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:19 pm

I've been twice, it opened oct.15th. Haven't seen anything yet. I think to myself "I wonder if they're over that next ridge?" then here I go walking. Good hunting to everyone.
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:34 pm

This morning I hunted a place that my wife and I scouted this summer. Long story short, it may be a place hunters often drive by cause it doesn't have a green field near it. Any how, it was misting rain all morning during our fog advisory, then I had an unusual looking spike come by at 7:15. He only had two points but they looked more like main beams of a rack than two pencil spikes. They were long and curved forward just like main beams, he also had a large body. I have taken my longbow with me this season, and the buck never presented a shot, he seemed pretty determined to get where he was going. I'm happy to see a deer and I'm glad that my wife and I scouted those acres!
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:15 pm

First time in a while I've gotten to hunt in the A.M. Today Hi of 32, wind out of North 10-25 mph. Ended up seeing 6 deer, 3 doe, 2 bucks, and the legs and belly of another deer. The 2 bucks were a spike and a very young 6 point. Never got a shot at any of the deer. The WMA I hunt has an antler restriction of 4 points on one side or more to shoot. The funny thing was that there were 5 trucks within 500 yds of where I parked and I also had a guy that climbed 50-60 yds from me and he headed out of the woods at 8:45. Had 3 deer come through before 7am, then 7:45, 8:30 & 9:00. Great day in His creation!
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:23 am

I've been shut out the past couple of mornings.
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:43 pm

Long overdue. I have seen some deer this season, no kills as of today. I've carried my recurve most of the hunting season. Hunts are few and far between this year which seems to make them more enjoyable and amped up. I've been on a mature buck and haven't had a crack at him yet. I'm still trying to sprint up that steep hill of a learning curve for the big woods. Good hunting!
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down