PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Climbing Methods for Lockon Stands

+4
Pinch Point
bowonly
PineywoodsBow
Waiting4Fall
8 posters

Go down

Climbing Methods for Lockon Stands  Empty Climbing Methods for Lockon Stands

Post by Waiting4Fall Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:19 pm

Mr. Womack sharing his setup.

Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Climbing Methods for Lockon Stands  Empty Re: Climbing Methods for Lockon Stands

Post by PineywoodsBow Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:48 am

good stuff. I have some of his DVD's he's made.
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Climbing Methods for Lockon Stands  Empty Re: Climbing Methods for Lockon Stands

Post by bowonly Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Mr Warren is such a wealth of kowledge.
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinch Point Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:59 pm

Has anyone tried the bolts for tree steps? What if they fall out when your up tree? I love the idea looks great just not for public land!!
Pinch Point
Pinch Point
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:15 pm

The bolt are a tight fit. It takes a little effort to get them out.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtdobber Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:43 pm

Thanks for sharing the video, I agree with Mr. Womack., #1 method if you like a lock on. I have used the woodpecker drill for many seasons. Lone wolf steps would be my next choice just more weight to carry. Worth trying it if you are tired of carrying sticks or tired of sitting in a climbing treestand watching deer out of bowrange under the tree you can only get a lock on in.

dirtdobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller-TD#2 Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:05 am

In many states you drill a public tree more that 1/2" and get caught - it is a hefty fine.

Some of his gear gets heavy after a mile or so, but some good intell all the same. His setup would ultimately be based on Scouting - PBL has the most restrictions, whereas private allows for more freedom.....
Miller-TD#2
Miller-TD#2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:02 pm

My cousin was the one who had first turned me on to mr warrens journels, i use hooks sometimes (where its legal) but i also have the woodpecker drill and ive done it just as he says its very quick and super light weight. A great many thanks to Mr. Warren Womack
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down