PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello all good to be of assistance!

Go down

Hello all good to be of assistance! Empty Hello all good to be of assistance!

Post by Northwoodslayer Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Hello All,
I will do my best to keep you up to date on issues in Michigan regarding public land hunting/ use and try to answer any questions regarding where to go in either the Upper or Lower Peninsulas of Michigan.
Northwoodslayer
Northwoodslayer
Northwoodslayer
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Hello all good to be of assistance! Empty Re: Hello all good to be of assistance!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Can You Please tell Me about Black Bear Hunting in Your neck of the woods..

Back to top Go down

Hello all good to be of assistance! Empty Re: Hello all good to be of assistance!

Post by Northwoodslayer Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:22 pm

mysticguido,
Tags are on a lottery basis
The application dates are from May 1st. to June 1st. 2012 If you are not chosen to receive a tag, you'll receive preferance points that are accrued towards your tag.
You will be asked for the following information when applying:

1. Your birth date? ___ ___ / ___ ___ / ___ ___ ___ ___
2. Customer ID number? Michigan Driver License, State of Michigan ID Card or DNR Sportcard

3. Application item type? 180 Bear Application $4
280 Comprehensive Lifetime Bear Application* Free

4. Joining existing party? No, if applying by yourself or if you are the first person in a party to apply (go to item 5). Yes, if a member of your party already has purchased an application for 2011 (go to item 6).
5. Hunt number? (___ ___) First hunt choice - see 2011 Bear License Quotas table. Enter hunt 00 for a preference point only.

(___ ___) Second hunt choice (optional)**
6. Party ID Number (___ ___) Same number as printed on your party member's receipt; leave blank if applying by yourself. Maximum of four persons per party.

Read your application receipt carefully. It is your responsibility to ensure the information was entered properly. Retain your receipt as proof of your application.

* You must be a Comprehensive Lifetime Bear License holder to apply for this application type.

**A second hunt choice selection will be considered only if all first hunt choices have been awarded for the hunt period and licenses are still available. Those hunt periods having a high drawing success in the past, such as Bergland Hunt 03 and other late hunt periods in the U.P., are most likely to have licenses available for second-choice hunts, but it is possible no licenses will be available for second-choice hunts.

Leftover Licenses

If any licenses remain after the drawing, one leftover license may be obtained on a first-come, first-served basis until the quota is met in each hunt period, as follows:

Beginning July 11 ? Available to Lifetime Comprehensive License holders only
Beginning July 18 - Available to unsuccessful bear drawing applicants Beginning July 25 - Available to any hunter, including those who did not apply

There is no guarantee that leftover licenses will be available for any hunt unit. Preference points will be reset to zero for purchasers of a leftover bear license, except for Lifetime Comprehensive License holders. It is unlawful to obtain more than one bear license. Remaining licenses may be viewed at www.michigan.gov/huntdrawings.

There is a strong number of bear in the State of Michigan, with the most being in the Upper Peninsula where I live. The average bear here is 200 # but there are bear in the 300 to 500 lb. range. I have personally seen bear up to 600+lbs. Several of my best friends are bear houndsmen and welcome archers. You can also hunt over bait.

Northwoodslayer
Northwoodslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down