PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to me recurve, need arrows...

Go down

New to me recurve, need arrows... Empty New to me recurve, need arrows...

Post by Boxerjake77 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:01 pm

I bought a lightly used samick phantom as my very first trad bow. It's only 40# but I figure I need to work on my form more than anything else first. I draw just shy of 28". I'm looking at GT trad arrows but not sure if I should get 1535 600 spine, or 3555 500 spine. I know nobody that shoots a recurve that I can pick their brain about this. I'm not sure if this bow is quite cut to center or not, but I think that would affect my choice of arrow.

Ok, have at it please. Thank you.

Boxerjake77

Back to top Go down

New to me recurve, need arrows... Empty Re: New to me recurve, need arrows...

Post by Miller-TD#2 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:06 pm

Well, not knowing where you are from:

You can gladly contact 3riversarchery.com and get a test arrow package after talking to one of their experts. it will consist of a three arrow range that you can try based on the info from the bow [as you describe here].

Then after a short trial and error period get some that are best suited and run with it.....arrows do make a difference.

Miller-TD#2
Miller-TD#2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum