PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Park Service proposes sharpshooters

Go down

Park Service proposes sharpshooters Empty Park Service proposes sharpshooters

Post by SlowBow Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:18 pm

http://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/local/plan-to-control-deer-at-civil-war-battlefields-advances/article_2ed153f9-ce76-5216-a1e4-88a477c36ddd.html

This disturbs me greatly. 1.8 million taxpayer dollars to control deer we should have been allowed to hunt here in Maryland years ago. We would pay permit fees to hunt them, not cost residents millions. I've been vocally opposed to sharpshooters for decades. The only reason they are being used is fear of political retribution by animal activists on the part of our elected officials. But this proposal is particularly disturbing. It suggests after thinning the herd that chemical birth control be used to control it. This method has proven ineffective on penned deer, is know to be impossible to administer and completely useless on free ranging deer, and destroys the animal for food purposes once injected, at a price tag of about a thousand dollars an animal. Only a very small percentage of humans are stupid enough to think we can solve a natural problem by injecting more chemicals into our environment as a solution.
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down