PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

north woods archer's 2015 season

3 posters

Go down

north woods archer's 2015 season Empty north woods archer's 2015 season

Post by north woods archer Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:27 am

Our season started on Saturday the 12th.
I'm hunting a number of small Woodlots along the coast.
I've located several spots and quickly scouted them. So this past Monday I skipped out of work early. The wind was just right for my 1st pick and new I had to be there. Around 3:00 I set up about 60yds down wind of a few apple trees. With the wind in my face and the salt marsh at my back. About 7pm I tagged a 80lb doe.
The next morning I packed her with ice instead of going to the butcher shop. That night after work my brother and I skinned and guartered a deer for the 1st time. After we sat down for fresh tenderloins & a cold beer. Doesn't get much better.

Got back out this afternoon. Was a quiet night other then the barking dog in the distance. I hunted the opposite side of the apple trees due to the wind.
north woods archer
north woods archer
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

north woods archer's 2015 season Empty Re: north woods archer's 2015 season

Post by PineywoodsBow Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:34 pm

Congrats! Very satisfying when a plan comes together like that.
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by north woods archer Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:20 pm

Yes it is. 

The above location I call 
Clock Farm it's 42 acres of huntable land.

Last night I went to a spot I call Brave boat Harbor this piece is about 100 acers. 
There is patch of thickets that runs through the center of the property. I took my deer last season here (contest tread). 
So this thicket runs NE to SW. With a NE wind I sat mybe 70yds or so E of the NE end of the ticket. My wind blows just parallel to the thickets. Figuring deer will travel through the thicket out the NE end (they did last year). 
Around 6pm I saw legs & a white tail mustering around in the distance. Listening to the activity this could be a Young buck.  Never got to see what it was. 
The little bit of excitement draws me back tonight. I've got same NE wind. I plan to move in just a little closer But not to close so my sent doesn't blow in the thick stuff.
north woods archer
north woods archer
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bchadwick1990 Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Awesome! Wish season started that early here!
Bchadwick1990
Bchadwick1990
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by north woods archer Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:10 am

The early season is awesome. This expanded archery season is only in designated areas. It goes from Sept 12 to Dec 12. Oct & Nov for the big woods.

I got back out to Brave Boat Harbor this afternoon. In the parking area I geared up next to another bow hunter. By starting a friendly conversation I gathered some some intell.  Quickly getting ready I headed up the trail 1st.
I set up about 30yds closer to NE side of the thicket. Around 5:30 I saw my mystery deer, a nice mature doe. She came with in 25yds tonight, not presenting a shot. I watched her feed for a while as she disappeared.

Tomorrows forecast is E wind. With out the N wind I'm busted. The friendly hunter also informed me about another guy who hunts that spot every Sat.
I need to get this done by Sat.
north woods archer
north woods archer
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by north woods archer Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:07 am

I got out Wed with the NE wind I wanted. My big doe, (I  should name at this point) has a yearling with her. All I could do is watch the show with no shot presented once again.

Skipped Thurs and got back out Fri .Arriving at the parking  area was another truck.  With a SE wind I approached my spot from the NW side. Setting up a ways above the thicket. I hear a buck grunt every 30 mins (for sure another hunter). I sat tight anyway, beats the couch
north woods archer
north woods archer
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by north woods archer Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:05 am

Oct 1st was the state wide opener. I'm plan to stick with the coastal hunt till the last week of Oct. Then I'll hit the big woods. I'll be back in the woods tomorrow afternoon.
north woods archer
north woods archer
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down