PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeforthewoods 2015 Season

2 posters

Go down

Madeforthewoods 2015 Season Empty Madeforthewoods 2015 Season

Post by madeforthewoods Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:29 am

Oct 1:  Evening, sat at the bottom of a huge oak tree where two unused two-tracks meet. Sunny, NE wind sucks. Saw 4 does. Wore Cabela's Sniper camo.

Oct 2: Evening. sat at the bottom of big maple at my spot by the rest area. Saw that someone had hung a stand 20yds from my spot but I hunted anyway. Cloudy, east wind still sux. Saw ZERO deer. Wore Kryptek Mandrake Camo.

Oct 3: Morning, got into a thick bedding area 1 1/2 hours before daylight behind a big oak plateau. Cloudy, east wind again, Saw a good buck at 830 but no shot, also saw a second deer but couldn't ID it. Found a scrape on my way out. Wore Wood -n- Trail Camo.

Evening, hunting an area I never have before, mainly so I could have the stupid east wind in my favor. Sunny tonight. Saw one doe. Wore Realtree Hardwoods Camo.

Oct 4: Morning, got into that same thick bedding area way before daylight. Hunted closer to the scrape i found. Cloudy, NE wind. A great buck came in less than 10 yards directly in front of me at 630am. Was still too dark to shoot him. He came in like a ghost with absolutely no sound. He was so close to me I could hear his sniffing. later that morning saw 4 does behind me heading to bed. Wore Wood -n- Trail camo.

Evening, hunted a spot I call the eagles nest, where three types of forest come together with a narrow strip of timber connecting them all. Cloudy, NE wind. Decided to climb and use my saddle. Saw 2 does just before dark. Wore Cabela's Sniper camo.

Oct 5: Evening, got into the woods a little later than I like to. Overcast skies, very calm no wind. Sat at the bottom of a double maple right on an old closed off two-track. Saw 1 small buck and 10 does. Wore True Timber camo.

Last edited by madeforthewoods on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Madeforthewoods 2015 Season Empty Re: Madeforthewoods 2015 Season

Post by north woods archer Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:33 pm

Nice start man, seeing deer is always good.
north woods archer
north woods archer
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:21 pm

Thanks, I really can't complain so far.

Oct 6: Evening, hunted an area I have never ever been in. Just decided to try it out. I nicknamed it the Freeman Cliff, its at the end of Freeman road, atop a high cliff with a river down below. Had some nice trails intersecting, saw no deer tho. Was very soft west wind. Wore Realtree Hardwods camo.

Oct 7: Evening, hunted in a cedar swamp/creek bottom area. Northwest wind. Found a scrape, then a huge rub 20yards from it. I sat about 20 yards from them both. Saw 3 does right at dark. Wore Skyline Apparition Camo.

Last edited by madeforthewoods on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:04 pm

Oct 8: Did not hunt. It was a torrential downpour with lots of lightning so I stayed home. I'm dedicated but not dumb.

Oct 9: Evening, hunted the cedar swamp again where I found the big rub. NW wind, sunny. Used my saddle harness and tree hunted this time. Saw no deer just lots of squirrels. Going out in the morning. Wore Predator Fall Tan Camo.

Oct 10: Morning, hunted the thick bedding area I hunted last Saturday & Sunday morning. Very soft SW wind, nice and cool 40 deg and clear. Unfortunately saw no deer. Found a nice rub tho about 20 yards away on a 4 inch diameter pine tree. Going to leave the spot alone now until end of October. Wore Realtree Hardwoods Camo.

Last edited by madeforthewoods on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:59 pm

Oct 11: Morning, sat in some oaks that are at an inside corner of a CRP field. Windy, SW wind, clear 58 deg, warmer for sure. Saw nothing. Wore Long Leaf Brown Camo.

Evening, hunted a spot I refer to as "the outside corner" spot, an area where pines, hardwoods and swamp all meet. Hunted in the swamp part where literally dozens of heavy trails intersect. Warm, 71 deg, super windy, SW wind. Mosquitoes were horrible. Fourth time in a row I hunted and saw no deer. UGHZ THE LULL HAS ARRIVED! confused Wore ATACS AU camo.

Last edited by madeforthewoods on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:56 pm

Oct 12: Evening, hunted a 30 acre parcel that has a two track path running down the middle of it that used to have railroad tracks years ago. Strong SW wind, warm & cloudy. As I was still hunting/walking down the path, I saw a buck cross it about 300 yards in front of me. Knowing the area well I belly crawled in & waited for him at a pinch point I knew he'd come thru. And he did come thru 15 yards away..... unfortunately he was only a tall 3 point so he will live till next year. Was a good training session tho. Wore Realtree Hardwoods Camo.

Oct 13: Evening, Hunted the 30 acre parcel again, light NW wind, warm again and sunny, damp from the rain earlier today. Still hunted/stalked the path again. Saw 2 does. I love Realtree Hardwoods camo, The deer look right thru me when I'm wearing it. Got ate alive by the bugs. Gonna take a few days off to recollect my thoughts and whatnot. Don't wanna get burnt out. And its the lull anyway so what the heck LOL. Wore Realtree Hardwoods Camo.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:47 pm

Oct 16: Evening, hunted a narrow funnel on the edge of some woods owned by the cable company, very windy NW winds, cool 45 deg. Sat at the bottom of a big oak. Saw one doe at 6:30 pm. Wore Longleaf brown camo.

Oct 17: Morning, Hunted the edge of an open area in a finger of thick woods, heavy NW winds again, cloudy, 36 deg. I sat inside a large 100 yr old deadfall. at 8am I was about to leave thinking I wasn't going to see anything, then I saw 2 does, followed by 3 bucks. a spike, a 4 point and a very nice 8 point. Then lost sight of the 8pt for a little bit. Then I saw him on his hind legs chewing a tree branch.... only to realize it was a second nice 8pt buck. I then watched all 4 bucks for 40 minutes. none came in close enought to shoot. Great hunt though. This spot will now be called the Twin 8pt spot. Wore old school Realtree Grey Hardwoods camo.

Evening, Hunted the same spot as this morning, heavy NW winds died down to calm by 6pm, sunny, 38 deg. Sat beneath a large pine tree about 60 yards closer to where I saw the deer this morning. Saw 2 does. Will hunt there again tomorrow morning and then leave it alone for awhile. Wore Realtree Hardwoods camo.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:26 pm

Oct 18: Morning, Hunted that same spot one more time. Calm, no wind. 40 deg, sunny. Saw no deer. Wore Longleaf Brown Camo.

Evening, Hunted a cedar swamp funnel area directly at the bottom of a very steep ridge on one side and open hardwoods on the other. 45 deg, sunny, light SW winds. Saw no deer. Wore Realtree Xtra Camo.

Oct 19: Evening, Incredibly windy, 30mph+, Cloudy, 50 deg. Hunted the 30 acre parcel under a huge pine tree. Saw 2 does running around frantically maybe due to the wind. Wore Realtree Hardwoods Camo.

Oct 20: Evening, very light S wind, 58 deg, cloudy. Hunted the Cable Company woods again. Saw 8 does and one formitable 4 point buck, 14-15 inch wide, big tall forks. Had him at 10 yards but did not shoot him. Wore Realtree Hardwoods Camo.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:58 pm

Oct 21: Evening, Cloudy, 50 deg, South wind 5mph. Hunted the 30 acre parcel. Saw 2 does. Wore Realtree Xtra Camo.

Oct 22: Morning, Cloudy, 45 deg, North Wind 5ph. Hunted the 30 acre Parcel. Saw zero deer when sitting. Snuck up on two does that were bedded down just for practice.

Evening, North wind 10 mph, 45 deg sunny. Hunted a spot I have never set foot in until today. Got to an area I thought looked good, picked my seat spot, then looked up to see a Giant 8 point at 35 yards. He never saw me but never presented a shot. Watched him walk off with tears in my eyes. Wore Predator 3D DEception Camo.

Oct 23: Morning, SE wind 10 mph, 36 deg, Cloudy. Hunted the above mentioned spot again. Sat until 930am then took a slow walk/still hunt. Saw a doe, two more decent 8 points, then on my way back to my truck I had 2 does and one of the biggest bucks I have ever seen in my life, a MONSTER 10pt, all come straight at me to about 45 yards. The buck was chasing around the bigger doe. Never gave me a shot but WOW what a buck. Also saw 4 more does when walking back to the truck. Needless to say this is my new favorite spot.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:44 pm

Oct 24: Evening, 30mph South wind then changed to a 30mph North wind, 50 deg rainy. Started hunting at the 30 acre parcel, then decided to leave and drive to the Cable company woods due to the wind change. Saw one deer, a formitable 17 inch 8 point at 12 yards. Put a 100 grain Xecutioner broadhead thru his brisket. He went 50 yards before expiring. Great hunt and still have lots of season to go! Smile Wore Realtree Hardwoods Gray camo.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:15 pm

Oct 25: Morning, Hunted the area where I saw the two really big bucks. Calm, no wind, 38 deg & cloudy. Saw one doe and one small forkhorn buck, both came within 15 yards. Wore Fusion 3D camo.

Evenning, starter went out on my truck so no hunting :X

Oct 26: Evening, Hunted the above mentioned spot again. South wind 5mph, 50 deg & cloudy. Saw one large Spike buck, came within 5 yards. Wore Long Leaf Brown Camo.

Oct 27: Evening, Hunted the Twin 8pt spot. SE winds at 30mph, 50 deg & cloudy. Saw 3 does and two bucks, a large 4 pt and a small 3 pt. Watched them spar and the 4pt chased one of the does around for an hour. Wore Realtree Hardwoods Camo.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:50 pm

Oct 30: Morning, Hunted the Twin 8pt spot again. Calm, no wind, just finished heavy rain and winds for 2 days. 40 deg, cloudy. Saw 1 doe and 4 possibly 5 bucks. Saw the same two small bucks I saw on the 27th, saw a very nice buck, looked to an 8pt, either saw him two separate time or it was two different bucks. Also saw one smaller buck, maybe a 6pt. Went close to the bedding area for a better look, upon inspection found the largest whitetail bed I've ever seen. About 15 feet in diameter. Also other beds all around the area. Great Morning. Wore Realtree Hardwoods camo fleece.
Evening, Hunted the spot I saw the two huge bucks at last week. SW wind 5-10mph, 48 deg & cloudy. Saw one very nice big buck 30 yards away, unfortunately he was in some thick thick cover so no shot. I did not get an actual point count because he never stepped out, but I could see he was big, bigger than the 8pt I shot. I tried coaxing him in with a grunt and rattle but he never even looked up. He wandered off and I never saw him again. Wore Predator Fall Tan Camo. It has been such a great season so far, I can honestly say BY FAR the best I have ever had. I am so blessed.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Nov 1: Morning, Hunted the Twin 8pt spot, but more in the bedding area this time. SW wind 15mph, 45 deg cloudy. Saw two deer, one I could not make out and a very nice 8pt. Watched him for awhile but never got a shot. Wore Realtree Hardwoods Camo.
         Evening, Hunted a new area on the NE side of a thick bedding area next to a hay marsh. West winds at 10mph, 50 deg, clear & sunny. Saw 5 deer, one possibly a buck judging from the deer's behavior towards the other does. Did not see horns for sure tho. Wore Predator Fall Grey Camo.

Nov 2: Evening, hunted the Twin 8pt spot again, South wind 10mph, 55 deg, partly cloudy. Only saw one small doe. Thinking this is definitely a better morning spot. Not going to hunt it again until probably Nov 6 or 7. Wore Realtree Xtra Camo.

Nov 3: Evening, hunted a place I only go to a couple times per year. It's a hard trek thru 1/2 mile of dense swamp and pickers. Never killed a deer in there and almost dreading the day I do as it will surely be the worst drag of my life. South winds at 5mph, 70 deg and sunny, YUCK! Saw a small buck chasing a doe while walking in, jumped two others, one was a moderately sized buck, other one I could not make out. Saw 8 deer while sitting, 7 does and one smaller buck. The biggest doe came within 10 feet of me, I had to shoo her away. Heard a loud deep grunting right at dark, could not see him but he definitely saw me when I was leaving. I love this spot but it's the worst out of all of mine to get to. Wore Realtree Hardwoods Camo.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:48 pm

Nov 4: Evening, hunted the 30 acre parcel, sat in a pop up with my lil daughter. South winds at 10mph, 65 deg partly cloudy. Saw one small 6pt and two does. No shots.

Nov 5: Evening, hunted the Cable Company woods with my daughter. 25mph+ winds out of the Soutwest. 68 deg cloudy. Saw no deer.

Nov 6: Evening, hunted the 30 acre parcel again with both kids. South winds 15mph, 50 deg cloudy. Saw no deer.

Nov 7: Morning, hunted the Twin 8pt spot. West wind 10mph, 44 deg clear. Saw a small 3pt and a spike. Wore Fusion 3D camo.
Evening, Hunted the spot on the NE side of a thick bedding area next to a hay marsh that I hunted on Nov 1. NW winds at 5mph, 44 deg, cloudy. Saw one big bodied spike and 5 does. Really like this spot. Nicknaming it the Eagles Nest because There is a huge nest up in a pine tree at this spot. Wore Predator Fall Grey Camo.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:15 pm

Nov 8: Morning, hunted the Eagles Nest spot, calm no wind. 31 deg cloudy. Saw 2 does to my right, then saw 2 run thru on my left, followed by a 4pt and a nice 8pt. The 4pt came over to where the first 2 does were and then went back over by the 8pt. The 8pt never came in, and I was completely focused on him when suddenly to my right out walked probably the second largest racked dee I've ever seen while hunting. He was only 10 yards away but on my off-side. I desparately tried to do a 180 deg turn to kill him but a teeny tiny leaf under my foot lightly crunched and he heard it. Needless to say I did not kill him. Instant depression. Wore Realtree Xtra Camo.

Evening, hunted the Eagles Nest, SW winds at 15mph. 50 deg and sunny. Saw 3 does. Wore LongLeaf Brown Camo.

Nov 9: Morning, hunted the Eagles Nest spot, calm no wind, 30 deg sunny. Saw a doe and a 4pt. Wore Cabelas Outfitter Camo.

Evening, hunted the 30 acre parcel, SW winds at 5mph, 50 deg sunnt. Saw a very nice 8pt come thru at 5pm broadside at about 70 yards. He looked in my direction when I grunted but never came any closer. Watched him make a scrape and leave. Wore Predator Fall Grey Camo.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:54 pm

Nov 10: Evening, hunted the spot I saw the big 8pt and the big 10pt back on Oct 22 & 23. Calm no wind, 45 deg sunny Saw 5 does and two small bucks, looked like spikes. Wore Realtree Xtra Camo.

Nov 11: Evening, hunted the 30 acre parcel, SW winds 10mph, 45 deg cloudy. Had some great pics on the trail cam, one buck in particular, but saw no deer that evening. Wore Vintage Realtree All Purpose Camo.

Nov 12: Evening, SW winds at 30+mph, 40deg & rainy, hunted a large poplar field I used to have a lot of success in. Unfortunately saw no deer. Wore Predator Fall Grey Camo.

Nov 13: Evening, NW winds at 20mph, 40 deg with light rain. Hunted the 30 acre parcel. Saw 2 does. Wore all black as I was in a pop-up ground blind.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down