PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Thoughts?

5 posters

Go down

Any Thoughts? Empty Any Thoughts?

Post by Waiting4Fall Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:28 am

http://www.humanesociety.org/news/press_releases/2011/06/captive_hunt_bill_introduced_congress_061711.html
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Any Thoughts? Empty Re: Any Thoughts?

Post by SlowBow Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:02 am

Lots of thoughts,some should not be printed here. OPPOSED to this bill. It is simply another attempt by animal activists to curtail hunting. I do not agree with drugging animals and shooting them inside of ten acre pens,or remote hunting. But the case of the oryx is a prime example of why this bill should NOT be passed.

On Spirit of the Wild, Nugent just shot one of these beasts.It was on a game ranch,yes, but many game ranches would fall under this bill,and while high fence they are far from "canned hunting", I do not consider a high fence ranch around 5000 acres to be unsporstman like.

The scimitar oryx is considered possibly extinct in it`s native habitat. But the animals flourish on game ranches in the west,BECAUSE OF HUNTING on ranches. It is ONLY because of high fence operations that this animal continues to be present on the landscape.

If it were not for the value hunters give the species, there would be no more of them on our planet. I would rather have them present and hunted at high fence operations than extinct.Something the animal rights groups,in their zeal to ban hunting in all forms, will never understand. It seems they would prefer animals dead, extinct,and no longer a part of our environment than se them hunted
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Bob Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:15 pm

Well said Slowbow!
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwoodslayer Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:47 am

Yeah, what he said cheers
Northwoodslayer
Northwoodslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:31 pm

Unfortunately the philosophy of preservation verse active management will always be in tension. Preservationists fail to recognize the FACT that there are no stable eco systems. Systems must be MANAGED to maintain peak health and balance. I believe this imbalance is the fall of nature and the toil we must labor under the curse, but that is another topic. If those who believe in management don't get involved, the DEDICATED animal 'rights' activist will slowly turn public opinion. It has happened in other arena's and will happen in this one.
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down