PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Season Scouting Plans

+4
NanookOdaNorth
Cbigbear
ArcherAdam
Waiting4Fall
8 posters

Go down

Post Season Scouting Plans Empty Post Season Scouting Plans

Post by Waiting4Fall Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:26 am

Seasons are over, or drawing to a close soon. What are your post season scouting plans? Immediate post season is my favorite time to scout, & fine tune tree stand spots. Of course we can forget shed hunting too.
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post Season Scouting Plans Empty Re: Post Season Scouting Plans

Post by ArcherAdam Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:38 pm

My goal is to get into some new areas and look for trees. One track of land I am falling in love with is old mining land. It has lots of brush and from what i can tell climbing trees are the minority. I want to have this place all figured out with funnels and climbing trees by spring.

ArcherAdam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:16 pm

I like to scout when ever I can.. Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. You found Your spots and note them down. This way You can see what You found in the other seasons and add to them what You find later on. Also when I scout I take a climbing treestand with me. This way I can get a Birds eye view of the area.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:08 pm

I plan to walk the whole 20k ac WMA I hunt & try to find every cow oak that is at least 1 mile from the nearest road. I will also try to find some deer desert type trees such as honey locust bean trees or persimmon trees. After this is done I will do some map study on the computer to determine the best trees looking for ones that are near thickets & far from access rds. Also make notes on access routes & preferred wind directions. This should keep me pretty busy.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by NanookOdaNorth Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:34 pm

The swamps should be frozen over, so I can walk out to the islands and find out which ones the deer have been escaping to and then devise a plan for next year based on wind direction and probable food sources. Prepping trees is necessary because the areas I hunt have gated roads that will be closed from the end of February until the beginning of next archery season!
NanookOdaNorth
NanookOdaNorth

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:52 pm

I got a call from a guy who uses another web BB I frequent,and he offered me some tips on an area where I might have a real good chance to take that public land pope and young I`m looking for. I plan on taking a look at that.
SlowBow
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by msaskins Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:40 pm

I plan on scouting all the way up to mushroom hunting time.
After that, I don't do too much until late summer, then I stay out of the woods until mid-Sept.
msaskins
msaskins

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Snow on the ground and the winter is long. The deer yard up in my area. The patterns change entirely from one season to the next, but you get an idea of the terrain that funnels and the areas that hold the deer. Small herds that migrate long distances and shift their home range from one season to the next. Still I will be in the woods with my lab when it is below zero looking for the few deer that are up here. Happy scouting:)
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Bob Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:17 am

There's an area I haven't been to in a while. Rocky Gutter WMA is a very large and swampy area and I've never really seen anyone in there during bow season. I think this is and area I have to concentrate on this year. Sooooo I'm going to do a little shed hunting /scouting this month in there to start. Then some hiking/scouting in there until about August. I'll pick out my tree's and load them into my GPS. I will also have my Guido's web by then and will hang out in these spots and observe. I may also put out a camera or two.
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down