PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under Armour Camo Make You Stick Out to Deer??

4 posters

Go down

Under Armour Camo Make You Stick Out to Deer?? Empty Under Armour Camo Make You Stick Out to Deer??

Post by madeforthewoods Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:46 pm

Maybe its just me, but I am about 90% sure that when I wear camo that is made of the Under Armour type material Deer pick me off much easier. I'm not referring specifically to the Under Armour brand or their brand of camo, I'm referring to that type of material, the almost shiney smooth polyester material. There are a ton of knock-offs of UA that manufacturers print camo patterns on. And regardless of which pattern I have on, as long as its that type pf material I almost always get picked off by the deer, regardless of if I'm in a tree or on the ground, my surrounding cover, etc. I feel like a cotton or similar blend is definitely superior. Anyone else notice anything similar to this happening to them?
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Under Armour Camo Make You Stick Out to Deer?? Empty Re: Under Armour Camo Make You Stick Out to Deer??

Post by Plumpy38 Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:09 pm

I like the Under Armour as a base layer and it's wicking technology, especially on cooler days with a strong wind.

Plumpy38

Back to top Go down

Under Armour Camo Make You Stick Out to Deer?? Empty Re: Under Armour Camo Make You Stick Out to Deer??

Post by stickbndr Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:14 pm

I have a light weight jacket made with a material like that. After being picked off twice wearing it, its only used as an under layer now. Depending on the weather its a long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt (both cotton) or 1856 Guide Camo for colder days. With these I don't worry about spooking deer by being seen.

stickbndr
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Easton Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:56 pm

I was using a UV light and checking some of clothes for reflectance in the UV range and noticed that camo gloves from Under Armour had some portions that were reflecting UV light. Not a lot, but more than the other gloves. The biggest surprise was my arrow fletching and wraps, which glowed UV like they were radioactive.

Easton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down