PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, Public Land Bowhunters

+3
Waiting4Fall
TradbowInOregon
WarrenWomack
7 posters

Go down

Hello, Public Land Bowhunters Empty Hello, Public Land Bowhunters

Post by WarrenWomack Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:58 pm

I've been aware of this site for awhile. I don't post much during the hunting season but I've finally gotten around to joining the site.

I'll introduce myself by saying that I killed my first deer with a gun during the 1968 season when I was 24 years old. The next year I started bowhunting. Since this was before wheel bows my choice then and now is a recurve.

Later in 1975 I bought one of the first compound bows to come to the Baton Rouge area. I hunted with compound bows through the 92 season. For the 93 season I went back with the recurve bow and have continued to bowhunt the traditional way.

I added a video camera to my gear for the 91 season and produced and released a bowhunting video in 1995. I named it the "Ultimate Challenge" because, with the exception of a father/son hunt, it was all self videoed. Half of the kills were with a compound bow and half with a recurve.

Also from the start I've kept records/journals of my hunts. At first they were brief but as the years went by I became more detailed with my entries. For example; I know, for a fact, that I've made 1,906 bowhunts from a tree stand and my bowhunts have produced 271 deer (175 compound bow and 96 recurve). Pictures & video footage, also, is a big part of recording my hunts.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and sharing anything and everything to make us more successful bowhunters.
WarrenWomack
WarrenWomack

http://www.newoutdoorcore.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=45&sid=4

Back to top Go down

Hello, Public Land Bowhunters Empty Re: Hello, Public Land Bowhunters

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Hello and welcome to the Site. I too started with a compound bow 6 months after I had Heart Surgery. In 2005 I went to Trad bows and sold My wheels.. I hunt with both Long Bow and recurve. I mainly use wood arrows because they just feel right to me.

Again Welcome to Public Land Bowhunters..

Back to top Go down

Post by TradbowInOregon Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:39 pm

Welcome and sounds like an impressive bowhunting career. Look forward to learning from you.
TradbowInOregon
TradbowInOregon
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:32 pm

Mr. Womack, welcome to the forum. We are happy to have you among us, & look forward to interacting with you as well.
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bowonly Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Welcome aboard Mr Warren! I am proud to have you here! You are going to be a big asset to our little community!
bowonly
bowonly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:21 pm

Glad to see you made it Mr. Warren. It just didn't seem right to have a public land bowhunting forum without you.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:32 pm

Heck yeah, we need to hang out. You mentoring anybody?
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by heydeerman Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:15 am

Hey Warren! Good to see you on here. This is right up your alley. Are you still shooting Acadian Woods bows?
heydeerman
heydeerman

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by WarrenWomack Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:09 am

heydeerman wrote:Hey Warren! Good to see you on here. This is right up your alley. Are you still shooting Acadian Woods bows?

Thank You. It's been awhile since we've talked. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Yes, The same one piece Acadian. It's been an extension of my left arm since the '94 season. Smile
WarrenWomack
WarrenWomack

http://www.newoutdoorcore.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=45&sid=4

Back to top Go down

Post by heydeerman Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:53 am

You have discipline my friend. Something I wish I settled into years ago. I was bit by the trading bug bad and went through a couple hundred bows over the years. At one time I owned over 40 bows. Now I own 6 and they all have sentimental value to me and I shoot them all about the same.

I have a good friend down your way. He lives near Selma (I think). He comes up here to hunt with me every other year or so. It took me a while to understand what he was saying and even longer over the phone. Very Happy I got him converted to shooting stick bows and watched him kill his first buck with it a couple years ago. I told him to look you up down there. He says there's not too many trad shooters.
heydeerman
heydeerman

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down