PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UV Test on Camo Clothing Video FINALLY UPLOADED!

4 posters

Go down

UV Test on Camo Clothing Video FINALLY UPLOADED! Empty UV Test on Camo Clothing Video FINALLY UPLOADED!

Post by madeforthewoods Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:07 pm

OK so I'm getting ready to do a video I've been wanting to do for awhile. I'm going to test various camo's with a UV Light to see which ones have more UV in the dyes and such. I will pre wash them in non-UV  detergent. However I will not be using any "UV Killer" on them. So it will basically be a test of what you're getting when you buy it. I have a pretty extensive camo collection, so before I do the video, I just thought I'd ask if there are any patterns in particular anyone would like me to include in the video (?)  If so feel free to post them as a response to this post. Then within the next couple of weeks hopefully I will have the video finished and posted. Below is a list of some of the camo patterns I have. If you don't see what you'd like me to test I can try and get some. Thanks guys .....

Predator Spring Green
Predator Fall Grey
Predator Fall Tan
Predator Green Deception
Predator 3D Deception
Realtree Hardwoods HD 20/200
Realtree Hardwoods Grey (older version)
Realtree AP
Realtree AP (older version)
Realtree Xtra
ASAT
Longleaf Brown
Longleaf Green
A-TACS AU Military
Skyline Apparition Brown
Skyline Apparition Green
Skyline Apparition Snow
Fusion 3D Camo (2nd generation, the brownish version, no green)
Mossy Oak Breakup
Advantage MAX-4
Advantage Timber
Seclusion 3D
True Timber Green
US Military Woodland
British Military Green Camo
Original Trebark

Last edited by madeforthewoods on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

UV Test on Camo Clothing Video FINALLY UPLOADED! Empty Re: UV Test on Camo Clothing Video FINALLY UPLOADED!

Post by PineywoodsBow Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:44 pm

Awesome! curious to see the results...
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

UV Test on Camo Clothing Video FINALLY UPLOADED! Empty Re: UV Test on Camo Clothing Video FINALLY UPLOADED!

Post by madeforthewoods Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:55 pm

Make sure you let me know which patterns you'd like me to test! Suspect
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by PineywoodsBow Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:23 am

I use a set of overalls in Realtree xtra
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:01 am

Going to try and film this video this weekend.... or at least the first of a few. The camo's I intend to do first are
The Predator Camo's
Realtree Xtra
Realtree AP (new & old)
Realtree Hardwoods HD 20/200
Realtree Hardwoods Grey (old)
ASAT
Longleaf Brown
Skyline Apparition
Fusion 3D
Seclusion 3D
Original Trebark

If I can fit in more I will. Otherwise I'll film a "part 2" later on.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by stickbndr Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:58 pm

That's some variety of camo. . I suppose like most, I use different patterns depending on my surroundings for each hunt. I'll be waiting for your results.

stickbndr
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:31 pm

I hunt the same way. And I hunt so many different types of areas so I like to have camo to match all of them. Plus I am sort of a collector. Some of my camo I never wear, just like hangin on to it.

And I'm still workin on the video. I'm having some tech issues right now. Hopefully have it figured out soon.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:07 pm

OK Fellas I finally got 'er done.... well part 1 anyway. If you'd like me to do another video with some other camos lemme know. The video was definitely eye-opening for me in a couple ways. Mostly just on how the UV was so different just from one type of material compared to another. And I apologize for the cut off at the end of the video & that annoying buzzing noise, not sure what caused it. Anyhoo, here it is. Sorry it took me so long!
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:51 am

Interesting stuff. I wonder if the backlight was being picked up by the camera and causing the buzz? I'm guessing you found no problem with the audio from the camera on other recorded material?
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:04 pm

Yeah that's my thought too. I've never had any issues with previous stuff I've filmed. Kinda sounds like I'm filming on an alien spacecraft LOL. Maybe when I do Part 2 I'll try a different camera.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down