PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm NOT flipping READY!

3 posters

Go down

I'm NOT flipping READY! Empty I'm NOT flipping READY!

Post by SlowBow Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:16 pm

OMG, where does the time go. Two weeks until we open here, and I only broke the bow out for serious practice about  week ago, and I can't hardly get home with enough light to shoot it. I did get some scouting in a week or so ago, but I got out to my sweet spots yesterday, and not one, but TWO of my prime trees died since last year. Stone dead, not a leaf on either of them and got bark peeling. Now I need time to get in there and do an entire rescout, because it's in a scrubby area with lots of rut action but very few options for locations.

Haven't even had time to get into my deep woods spots. Getting so sick of this traffic and never ending work all the time. Seems like it gets worse every year.  

Anyhow, just wanted to drop by and say hey, I've been lurking around here now and again, but it's go time now. Hopefully I can resolve some of my time issues and get in gear for the season. It's not all bad news. I did figure out a clue I had always suspected but never verified as to a buck I.d been hunting on my last scout. Pushed him out of his bed in the thick and nasty as I was heading out from one of my dead trees. I always had a feeling thats where he was bedding, but never confirmed it because I didn't want to disturb the area. Had no choice yesterday as I was short on time and had to use the cut through on the way back. This may help me in speed scouting a new location!
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

I'm NOT flipping READY! Empty Re: I'm NOT flipping READY!

Post by NanookOdaNorth Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:03 pm

Good luck finding a new sweet spot, SB! I know how bad it sucks when the "right" tree doesn't work out anymore. I have a spot in a relatively new select cut that was awesome last year, but the briars have swallowed it up! I'm gonna try sitting on the ground near that spot like I saw in Ninja Bow videos...can't hurt to try something new!
NanookOdaNorth
NanookOdaNorth

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:10 pm

I may end up on the ground myself if I hunt that spot this year. Running up against the wall as far as time goes, and I really don't want to tromp the area up right before the season. See what happens. Keep us updated on your ninja tactics 8^)
SlowBow
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Parkersdad Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:43 pm

My season starts next week. I don't even have a bow sighted in even though I have been shooting. My back up bow was sighted but when I was shooting last week I broke the rest. My actual number one bow I just changed the sight on it so I need to sight in. As far as scouting I have not been able to go in 3 or 4 weeks. I'm trying to decide if I want to scout some this weekend or wing it.

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down