PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Ready

3 posters

Go down

Getting Ready Empty Getting Ready

Post by Uncle Bob Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:34 am

My plan for this season is to back pack hunt for a few days. I know of a spot that I have to use a canoe then backpack to get to where I want to be so I'm lightening things up by using the recurve, Guido's web and such. So I picked up a 8" Dutch oven to do my cooking with. Yesterday I tried it out. I cooked half a chicken with a potato, a carrot, garlic salt, pepper and a cup of water. My mistake was cooking it for two hours LOL should have been more like 45 minutes. The part the wasn't burnt was really tasty. Very Happy
Attachments
Getting Ready Attachment
Ready.jpg Looking good so far!You don't have permission to download attachments.(41 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Getting Ready Attachment
cooking.jpg This is easy!You don't have permission to download attachments.(68 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Getting Ready Attachment
burnt.jpg Try again! LOLYou don't have permission to download attachments.(55 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Getting Ready Empty Re: Getting Ready

Post by Cbigbear Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:56 am

Taters look a little well done but the chicken still looks eatable.

How's the web & recurve shooting coming?
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Bob Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:12 pm

I haven't messed with the web yet. I've just sat in it. I love the bow shooting very good at 20 yards. I got some wood arrows (6) and found three shoot good and three don't. The three that don't I can see them porpoising and they consistently shoot low and to the right the other three are dead on. Hmmmmm
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtdobber Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:01 am

Don't know much about wood arrows. Still shoot carbon (wood grain) arrows out of my longbow and recurves. Like the little extra speed and consistency, but I do like the romance of the wood arrows. Tell me more about your thoughts on shooting out of the web! Do you think you could sit in it for 4-5 hrs? Been looking into it and at other post. Thanks. P.S. the chicken would of been ate at my camp. Not bad.

dirtdobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Bob Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:21 am

I really like the wood arrows but I'm going to change over to carbon. I think if I were making the wood arrows I would be able to match them better. I bought these on line and I paid more for these than I did for the carbons for my compound.

As far as the web goes it is very comfortable. I think I could easily sit in it all day. I haven't shot out of it yet. I'm still working on my platform. I've been making some strap on blocks I just haven't finished them.

LOL I did eat the chicken! I cooked another one Tuesday and it came out perfect. I cooked it for 45 minutes instead of 2 hours.
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down