PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member from North Alabama

4 posters

Go down

New Member from North Alabama Empty New Member from North Alabama

Post by Venator Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:50 am

Thank y'all for creating such a fantastic resource for public land bowhunters! I'm David from Mentone Alabama. I learned to bow hunt growing up in Missouri but for the last 6 years, north Alabama has been home. I think I'm finally starting to figure out these mountain deer!

I love my Guidos web treestand. I've been using it for two seasons now and have scored on a number of deer thanks to its mobility and comfort.

I discovered this site not long ago and am thrilled to be part of such an awesome online community of ethical, public land bow hunters.

David

Venator

Back to top Go down

New Member from North Alabama Empty Re: New Member from North Alabama

Post by PineywoodsBow Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Welcome from Texas
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:00 pm

Welcome, we're very happy to have you amng us! Smile I'm a 'Webber" (Guido's) too. I absolutely love it.
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtdobber Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Hello from south Alabama, good luck this year.

dirtdobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Venator Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:55 am

Thanks y'all. I'm hoping for a good season. dirtdobber I was planning to come hunt Barbour WMA this January (or late December) with a friend of mine. I've heard a lot of folks say its overcrowded, but I've also seen some of the deer they kill down there. Can you offer any thoughts on public land hunting for a good buck? If Barbour is too crowded, any other public options that are overlooked?

Thanks again from the welcome... Its nice to find a place where people understand what hunting public land is like!

Venator

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtdobber Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:50 pm

Well I have not hunted Barbour wma this year but the past two years I have hunted it some from october through December and hardly seen anyone, I have always hunted where I wanted an never had anyone mess me up, 23000 acres is a lot of space to hunt, on the other hand I never go on any gun hunts and they changed the gun hunt schedule this past year to allow for more hunts in concentrated sections which probably made it seem a lot more crowded but also equaled more gun kills this year.
I usually will hunt back and forth between lowndes and Barbour to avoid the gun hunt schedule and still have a place to go. This has worked well for me to avoid the crowds and I feel safer too.
Hope this helps, Dirtdobber.

dirtdobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down